With December now a mere week away, Club Penguin Armies are thrilled to announce the most festive tournament of the year, the Christmas Chaos XII. Find out which armies are taking part, and who they will face in the first round.
Information & Rules
Marking the official start to the End of Year celebrations, Christmas Chaos XII is set to begin next week, on December 3rd. This year will mark the 12th edition of the tournament, in which it will consist of 7 armies from the community, running across 3 weeks. The Grand Final is set to commence on Saturday 17th December, just one week before the big day itself. The full schedule for the tournament is as follows:
Round One: December 3rd & 4th
Semi-Finals: December 10th & 11th
Grand Finals: December 17th
The following rules have been put together, they are based on previous tournament policies, in addition to recent discussions with the Army League Board and the Head Judges. Please note, breaking one of these rules will most likely end in a disqualification, in which the remaining armies will then be contacted regarding changes to the schedule.
- Reviews will be allowed for any battle and will be untaken by unaffiliated (to the battle) Head Judges.
- Unlike Legends Cup, there have been deadlines set in regards to the review process.
- Leaders cannot request a review after 3 hours from the long results being posted, and they cannot submit evidence more than 21 hours after requesting a review (Videos should be submitted ASAP).
- Head Judges must inform both armies about the review, and if it is going ahead ASAP.
- The Deadline for the Head Judges to review the battle will be 24 hours after the evidence deadline.
- Dual enlistment is not allowed, and individuals may only attend for one army. They must stick with that army for the duration of the tournament, even after an army is eliminated. The dual enlistment deadline for those in other armies already is November 21st.
- The judging will be undertaken by CP Army Judges and organised by the Head Judges.
- All armies have a right to veto two judges per battle. Once an army has vetoed two judges, it cannot decline any more for that battle. Vetos cannot occur past the four-hour mark.
- Judges will be announced well in advance (typically very soon after the week’s schedule is announced).
Just like previous tournaments, the seedings for Christmas Chaos were established by taking an average of the last four Top Ten Armies.
 Help Force
 Special Weapons and Tactics
 Rebel Penguin Federation
 Army of Club Penguin
 Ice Warriors
Round One Timings
Due to there being seven armies participating, the top seed Templars, will receive a bye and advance straight into the Semi-Finals Round. The remaining six armies will go head-to-head with their opponents during the Qualifiers Round on December 3rd & 4th. The match-ups and the timings are listed below.
Saturday, December 3rd
Ice Warriors vs. Mercenaries
2pm EST | 1pm CST | 12pm MST | 11am PST | 7pm UK | 12:20am IST
Army of Club Penguin vs. Help Force
3pm EST | 2pm CST | 1pm MST | 12pm PST | 8pm UK | 1:30am IST
Sunday, December 4th
Special Weapons and Tactics vs. Rebel Penguin Federation
3pm EST | 2pm CST | 1pm MST | 12pm PST | 8pm UK | 7pm GMT
A massive thank you to Koloway and Dino for providing the tournament with outstanding graphics. Additionally, thank you to the Head Judges and Judges at CP Army Judges for supporting and preparing for the tournament.
With Christmas Chaos XII commencing just months after our previous tournament, we are looking forward to once again witnessing historic moments, and more unexpected outcomes. We would like to wish competing armies the best of luck, and hope that the tournament brings festive joy to you all.