The CPA End of Summer Awards have finally arrived, and here, we present the inaugural Chess Tournament, which the Community Committee will host. Responding to popular demand from the community to host this tournament, we are excited to host this tournament and find out the true chess champion of CPA!
How to play
The tournament will be a bracket-style, single-elimination setup. The tournament’s structure will depend on the number of participants who enter. Upon pairing assignments, you’ll receive your opponent’s Discord username, where the chess tournament will be hosted in Club Penguin Armies’ general VC (additional VCs will be made if required), where members will use the “Chess in the Park” Discord Activity feature. Those not participating in the tournament are welcome to spectate the games and enjoy the matches. Once the game ends, both players must report the results to DrQueen, whether a win, loss, or draw. Winners will move on to the next round. In a draw, the opponents are allowed to conduct a rematch. The tournament winner will receive a Chess Champion medal in the CPA server.
- You must be a member of the Club Penguin Armies community Discord server. If you get removed from the server during the course of the tournament, you will be automatically disqualified.
- To sign up for the tournament, please fill out this form here. We will do our best to match you with an opponent that matches your timezone, to ensure the tournament progresses promptly.
- Sign-ups will close on September 3rd at 8 a.m. EST. The bracket will be formed and posted on September 3rd at 9 a.m. EST.
- Once you get matched with your opponent, you will have 12 hours to complete your match for that round. This will reset if you move up the bracket. If more time is needed due to time zone issues, we will accommodate that, especially for those in the AUSIA timezone. The tournament can last up to a few days, depending on how many signup, so be prepared.
- If technical errors occur during your match in which you may have to restart your game, you must provide screenshot proof and notify DrQueen to prevent disqualification.
- Cheating, including using chess engines or external assistance, will lead to immediate disqualification.
- Any form of unsportsmanlike conduct by participating members will also lead to an immediate disqualification. Sportsmanship and respect for the game are wanted!
The signups for the chess tournament are now open! Good Luck to everyone!
Head of Community Committee / CPA Advisor