The March Madness VIII tournament bracketology competition returns for a third year. Could this be the year where we see a perfect march madness bracket? The odds of seeing a perfect bracket are minuscule, but it is possible against all the odds.
What is Bracketology?
The concept stems from the NCAA’s March Madness bracketology. Like the NCAA, all community members will get a chance to develop their brackets, which will include their predictions of the results of each battle room, in W-L-T (Win, Loss, Tie) format, from the qualifiers round leading to the grand finals. The more accurate you are, the more points you obtain. After each weekend, the community committee team will tally up the points and bring weekly updates regarding the standings. By the end of the grand finals, the one with the most points will be crowned as the 3rd Bracktology winner within the community.
The winners will receive a $10 gift card (Starbucks or Amazon) and an exclusive CPA server role.
How does Scoring work?
Members will create their respective brackets. The Bracket must include winners of each battle and their score predictions, using a W-L-T (Win, Loss, Tie) format, and submit it to the submission channel. The scoring will be precisely how United Media conducted it last year. The scores will be updated weekly on a spreadsheet by the Community Committee Team, and updates regarding the rankings will be announced via a designated channel. Scoring and ranking will be updated 24-48 hours after the last battle has occurred for that weekend. Kindly please be patient. The scoring system works as such:
- 1 point for correctly predicting a winner of a match.
- 3 points for correctly predicting the room score
- 4 points for correctly predicting the winner of an overtime match — please mark the battle as [OVERTIME] as well
- 2 additional points for correctly predicting the room score and the winner of an overtime matchAn example of the bracket should look like this:
What are the Rules?
- Participants are limited to ONE entry. If a user is found submitting more than one entry, all of their submitted entries will be disqualified.
- The deadline to submit a bracket is 11:59 PM EST on March 10th, 2023. The bracket submission channel will be closed once the deadline has passed.
- Any participant who uses the bracket submission channel to communicate will have their bracket disqualified. The channel is meant for bracket submissions only.
- Participants can edit their brackets until the channel is made private. If there is a dire need for you to submit a new bracket, you must notify DM DrQueen to prevent disqualification.
The Bracket Challenge is now live! Good Luck to everyone!
Head of Community Committee / CPA Advisor